Chief of Staff - Remote (SF or NYC)
A smart individual and a top-notch executor, that's excited about helping the CEO scale the company. This individual needs to be smart, a clear communicator, and be able to wear many hats.
Plus: ex-founders or early employees of software startups.
Svix is seeking a Chief of Staff who will report to the CEO. This leader will have a key role in the company by helping set the direction of the company. Join Svix and help with deepening our domain and vision knowledge of secure, reliable, and scalable webhook platforms.
- CEO extension/executor - Someone smart that can take part in brainstorming, planning and execution on new and existing initiatives. Need to be smart, a clear communicator, and be able to wear many hats.
- Organizing roadmap - Manage and track company-wide KPIs, and help build the processes and accountability needed to hit them.
- Operations - Responsible for maintaining key operational procedures, creating new processes, and managing the day-to-day operations of the company. Both on a high level and execution of one-offs (procurement, compliance, taxes, etc).
- People - Managing the people side of an organization, which includes responsibilities such as interviewing new employees
- The CoS will reduce the load on the CEO by taking care of operational tasks and help execute on a variety of initiatives. Assist the CEO with setting the company's priority and communicating them clearly.
- Designed and optimized company processes to support company growth priorities including full accountability for the planning and OKR processes.
- The CoS will help hire, manage, and develop the team.
- The CoS will take care of the day-to-day operations of the company.
- The CoS will execute and coordinate compliance, taxes, procurement, legal, etc.
- The CoS will help execute on a variety of projects in BD, Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, etc.
- The CoS will take ownership of projects that do not have any ownership stakeholders.
- Early stage startup experience with a knowledge in business strategy and GTM sales motion pricing experience.
- Experience in operations in an early stage startup
- Experience in another developer focused business
- Smart and curious: Needs to be smart, curious and be able to learn fast and improve. They would need to wear many hats and be able to gain expertise in a variety of topics quickly.
- Motivation: A competitive drive, an innate hunger to achieve goals in a startup environment.
- Critical Thinking: Expertise in data-driven analysis of the market and the business. Identifies key business indicators, tests pilots/theories, and identifies hidden opportunities through data.
- Business acumen: Either through experience or through intellectual horsepower and higher-level pattern matching ability. Intellectual humility and curiosity, broader connection forming, pursuit of information.
- Organized: this person would need to help keep the team organized and accountable, and they need to be inherently well organized.
- We like candidates with varied backgrounds - don't be shy, apply!
- Hackers/OSS devs welcome, even without extensive work history.
- Please include a few words on why you'd like to work at Svix.
- All roles are full-time - no students or part-time.
- Applicable timezones: UTC-8 to UTC+3.
Svix Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.